Tuesday 15 November 2011

magnetic advent calendar...


Hey everyone, hope you're all having a good week so far? Today I'm sharing a little project I've been working on for a while, a magnetic advent calendar! I got the idea after I bought a sample pack of magnetic paper to try with another project and thought it would be a more creative alternative to traditional cardboard advent calendars. The design is based around a pile of presents that would grow bigger everyday, adding piece by piece until the 25th. I've gone for a more modern christmas colour palette with a kind of minty green and softer red mixed with peachy pink and a turquoise to perk it all up a bit. This is the arrangement I designed (above) but you could easily play around and make some crazy lopsided piles (below) that look like they might fall any minute! Obviously this would work really well with a white fridge but I still think it looks pretty good...what do you think of my idea? I would love to know! x




 I apologise for the poor quality pics but it was a bit dark in my kitchen yesterday afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. Really nice idea!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! been wanting to try some magnetic stuff and you've just convinced me. you should sell it! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! So nice of you to pop by, please leave a comment if you wish. I love reading them all...Rebecca x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...