Happy Friday everyone! And as it's Friday it also means that today is the last day of my special week of food and DIY posts :( But we are finishing on a high note...what could be better than Chocolate Candy Cane Muffins?! Don't they look like little snow capped mountains of goodness? These are essentially a simple chocolate muffin with a fancy frosting, so if you have a recipe you like to use then that's fine, if not then I have given you a basic chocolate muffin mix below...
- 9oz Plain Flour
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 6oz Caster Sugar
- 5tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg (lightly whisked)
- 3floz Vegetable or Sunflower Oil / Melted Butter
- 8floz Milk
- Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 190-200c. Line your muffin tin with cases.
- Weigh all your dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add in the Egg, Oil/Butter and Milk, stir all the ingredients together until just combined.
- If you want to this is the time to add the chocolate chips.
- The mixture will look lumpy but this is fine, just make sure no flour or cocoa powder is visible.
- Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Leave to cool before icing.
Candy Cane Icing!
- 2oz Softened Butter
- 4oz Icing Sugar
- 2 Candy Canes crushed lightly
- A few drops of Peppermint Essence
Simply beat the butter until super soft and creamy, gradually add in the icing sugar stirring well after each addition. Lastly add in the Peppermint Essence and crushed Candy Canes, stir to combine. I used a palette knife to ice these muffins but you can pipe them into fancy swirls if you like!
I cannot describe how yummy these are, especially if you love mint chocolate like myself!
|All pictures taken by me!|
I really hope you have all enjoyed this special week of posts, I know I did making it! Have a great weekend and I will see you all again next week. x