Another yummy 'bake' for you guys today...This cake is so simple plus super tasty and zingy from the lemon and blueberries...although I still can't figure out a way to make the blueberries not sink in the sponge mix, anyone know of a way? It still tasted pretty good anyhow, the perfect little slice to have with an afternoon tea or coffee...
- 4oz Soft Butter or Marg
- 4oz Caster Sugar
- 4oz Self Raising Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Lemon Curd
- Icing Sugar to decorate
- Preheat your oven to 190c. Grease and line a round tin (roughly 20cm).
- In a large bowl mix the Butter and Sugar until fluffy and lighter in colour.
- Gradually add in the Eggs, Vanilla and Flour until you have a thick fluffy mix.
- Carefully stir a handful of blueberries and the lemon zest through the mix and then spread evenly in the tin.
- Dollop a few half teaspoons of Lemon Curd randomly on top of the mix and swirl through with the a skewer.
- Scatter a few more blueberries on top and push into the mix slightly.
- Pop in the oven for about 30-40mins or until golden and cooked through. Check with a skewer to be extra sure.
- Leave to cool before dusting with the icing sugar.
- Put the kettle on, make a cuppa and enjoy!
All pics taken by me.