Ok so the recipe for these cookies didn't actually specify the use of a snickers bar but with no chocolate chunks in the house and the weather being less than great I had to get creative! It's a recipe from an old Jamie magazine that is just so simple to whip up and makes an excellent base for all kinds of fruit/nuts/snickers...the original recipe uses choc chunks, cranberries and orange zest which works great together too! (Who am I to doubt Jamie's talents!) Ok so here's the recipe...
- Preheat oven to 190C/Gas 5, Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together 75g Butter and 100g Caster Sugar.
- Crack in 1 Egg and beat well.
- Add 160g Flour, 1/2 tsp Baking Powder and a pinch of Salt to the mix and stir in.
- Finally add in what ever mix of fruit, nuts or chocolate you like!
- Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture, well spaced apart, onto the baking trays.
- Bake for 12-15mins or until deliciously golden!
- Leave to cool...or not...Enjoy!