So yesterday I teased you with a sneak preview of these Toffee Apple Muffins and I promise they do not disappoint! They are possibly even better than the Nutella Muffins I baked a few weeks back...and I am a BIG Nutella fan so that says alot!
The idea for these came about when I had one stray (past it's best) apple, half a packet of fudge plus my desire for something slightly spicy and autumnal to scoff with a warm glass of apple juice one afternoon...and so the Toffee Apple Muffin was born! Ok, enough rambling from me, here's the recipe...
- 9oz Self Raising Flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 4oz Caster Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 fl oz Vegetable/Sunflower Oil
- 5 fl oz Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Large Apple
- 8-10 Fudge Chunks
- Preheat your oven to 190-200c and line a 12 hole muffin tin.
- In a large bowl combine the Flour, Baking Powder, Sugar, Salt and Cinnamon. Stir until well combined.
- In a separate jug measure out the Oil, Milk and add in the Egg, give a quick whisk to combine.
- Chop the Fudge chunks into small pieces, put aside. Chop the Apple into roughly similar sized chunks to the fudge, put aside.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add your Oil, Milk and Egg mix. Stir until just combined.
- Now add in your Fudge and Apple, stir a few times to evenly distribute the chunks of goodness...this is a thick batter but remember the apple will release moisture during cooking.
- Divide the mix equally between the muffin cases and pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack and resist if you can!
Optional Brown Sugar Cinnamon Glaze
- 3oz Icing Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar
- A Pinch of Cinnamon
I really hope you try this one, they are super scrummy!x
All pictures taken by me