Hello all...I think everyone at some point during the week has a banana or two that has gone a tad past it's best, during the summer the solution is easy, pop it in a delicious smoothie! But seeing as the weather has been so rubbish I'm not really in the mood for a cold smoothie... so instead I trawled the recipes books for ideas and since I'm not the biggest fan of cooked banana what better way to disguise them with than chocolate in these fab muffins!
This recipe is adapted from my old faithful muffin book, Muffins Fast and Fantastic and I must say they have turned out rather well...I have been super naughty and topped them with Nutella and nuts but then I know you will all agree with me that there is no such thing as too much Nutella! Hope you enjoy baking them or just enjoy drooling over the pictures...yum x
- 9oz Self Raising Flour
- 4-5oz Caster Sugar
- 4-5 tbsp of Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3floz of Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter
- 8floz Milk
- 2 ripe Bananas, mashed
- Chopped nuts and Nutella (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190-200c and line a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Weigh out all the dry ingredients into a large bowl, stir to combine together.
- In a jug first measure your oil and then the milk, they will sit separate from each other but just whisk before adding to bring them together.
- In a separate cup whisk the egg and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mash the bananas.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add in all the liquid ingredients and the banana.
- Stir until just combined, no flour should be visible but the mix will look lumpy.
- Spoon into cases and pop in the oven for 20-25mins.
- Once cool top with Nutella and sprinkle with chopped nuts if you wish...if you prefer you could add the chopped nuts (or chocolate chips) into the mix before baking.
|all pics taken by me x|