Happy Monday everyone, I hope you all had good weekends? Can you believe that it will be Christmas Eve in two weeks time?! Where has the year gone...anyway, this week I have a special week of Foodie Gift Ideas and Christmas DIY's. Perfect if you are stuck for a simple homemade present and I promise they are all super easy so no stress either!
Today I am starting with a simple recipe for Sweet & Spicy Nuts. This is an adaptation of a Jamie Oliver recipe, but it's so simple it can barely be called a recipe! These nuts are an ideal hostess gift, perfect for a foodie friend or just nice to keep for yourself as a Christmas nibble...
- 300-350g of Mixed Nuts (any kind you like!)
- 1 Egg White and a Tablespoon of Cold Water
- 85g Caster Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Spice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- Preheat your oven to 150c and line a large baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- First you need three bowls, a large one for the nuts, one for the sugar/spice mix and one for the egg white/water.
- Whisk your Egg White and Cold water until frothy, tip into the Nuts and stir until all the nuts get a good coating.
- Next tip in your Sugar and Spices and again stir through until well combined.
- Tip you mix onto the lined baking sheet and spread out. I add a sprinkle of Sesame Seeds at this point just because!
- Pop in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Turn the nuts every 15 minutes or so to make sure that all sides get nice and golden.
- Once they are done leave them to cool on the tray, try to resist if you can...
- Then pop into a pretty airtight container or cellophane bag. Write a gift tag and tie with ribbon and there you have it!
|photos taken by me|
I really hope you give these nuts a go as they as so easy!
Have a great week everyone and don't forget to pop back tomorrow for more foodie treats/DIYs! x