It's almost the weekend! Have you got any plans? If you have a bit of time on your hands then have a go at making these super scrummy brownies with an extra special peanut butter swirl through them! This idea came from an old Barefoot Contessa ep I saw on the Food Network, of course hers had a tonne of butter and chocolate in so these are a little healthier as they are made with cocoa powder, but they are still just as good! And as you can see from the pic they are gooey chewy heaven with that surprise pocket of peanut butter in each bite...and how cute do they look on my 50p Royal Doulton plate? Enough rambling here's the recipe, hope you try them, let me know if you do!
- 200g of Butter
- 1/2 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups of Brown Sugar
- 1 cup of Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp of Peanut Butter (I used crunchy)
- Extra chopped nuts (optional)
- Place the Butter and Cocoa Powder in a large saucepan and melt gently over a low heat.
- When the butter has almost melted add the Brown Sugar and stir until the sugar starts to dissolve.
- Take off the heat and continue stirring.
- Once the mixture had cooled slightly then add the Egg and Plain Flour, stir until well combined.
- Add extra nuts in here if you choose to.
- Pour mix into a greased and lined baking tin (I used a 9inch square tin) and level out slightly.
- If your Peanut Butter is a little thick then pop it into the microwave for a few seconds to warm before spooning small dollops randomly on top of the brownie mix.
- Using a skewer slowly swirl the peanut butter through the brownie mix.
- Pop in to an oven (200c) for about 30-35 minutes until a skewer comes out relatively clean, don't forget you want the brownies a little gooey.
- Once ready take out and leave to cool in the tin. Remove and cut into squares ready for tea!
- Enjoy! x