Friday 8 April 2011

Mothers Day Gift...




Well I have finally got a picture of the present I made for my Mum to show you! It is a poem taken from a victorian book (how pretty is the book cover!) all about the language and poetry of flowers. I used the poem about the Peruvian Heliotrope (above) which means I Love You. I tried lots of different fonts in photoshop but decided to hand draw everything instead and added all the little birds, bees and flowers which gives it that 'in the garden' look. I added all the colour and little daisy chain border in photoshop after I scanned the original, it was going to be a card but thought it would be much nicer framed as a picture. My mum's a bit of a gardening enthusiast and has an unhealthy obsession for plant pots so thought this was ideal and just a little unique!

1 comment:

Hello! So nice of you to pop by, please leave a comment if you wish. I love reading them all...Rebecca x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...